Monday, January 30, 2012

More Than Words

Remember that song "More Than Words"? I think it was by Extreme or one of those 1980's bands (or early nineties bands). I LOVED that song.

"Sayin' I love you...is not the words I want to hear from you...
....what would you say, if I took those words away...more than
words to show you feel that your love for me is real....what would you
do...if my heart was torn in two..."

I mean I LOVED that song.

I would blast it in my car on my way to football games and request it on the radio during "Pillow Talk...Soft Rock 102.5..." I would make my boyfriends learn it on guitar and of course begged my now husband to play it over and over when we met.

I would have no idea that in just about 10 years that song would play in my mind every day.

Brody is still considered "non-verbal." Simply because he does not express himself verbally, he has been "blessed" with a label. However, for those of you who have met Brody, you know he is very expressive. He is a boy who loves to love.

Just last week, I was sitting in the living room with my two guys. Destin was making song requests..."Itsy Bitsy Spider" was one of them, then we sang the "Alphabet Song and then "Bullet Train, Choo Choo Soul." Brody just stared at my mouth as we sang and played with my hair...then squeezed my cheeks together and gave me a kiss. Then Destin wanted a kiss, and so and so on.

But at the end of our little session, he laid his head on my shoulder and fell asleep quietly.

He was warm and soft. Heaven in my lap. Love.

Now he may not have said it at the moment, but I felt it. It's more than words. So what would I do if the words "I love you" went away? Well, I would look to Brody for an answer.

I gently carried him to his bed so he could rest, still in clothes of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment